Learn simple massage techniques to show love and comfort baby
in as little as 5 minutes a day
Baby's First Massage (read about some of the many amazing documented benefits of infant massage here)
The birth of your child is a magical and exciting moment for everybody in the family. However, the first days and weeks of the life of your newborn can be a very challenging time, especially for first-time moms. Exhausted, overwhelmed, worried for their babies, some moms feel powerless and frustrated.
The Baby’s First Massage workshop teaches you a simple way to create a relaxing, rewarding, nourishing and bonding time for the whole family. In this 1 hour workshop, you'll learn:
- when and how to massage your newborn in a nurturing, gentle way that will help baby feel safe and loved and encourage growth and healing
- the benefits of massage for your newborn
- when not to massage
- what you need to prepare for the massage
- to recognize the “time-out” cues
- to recognize the “talking” cry from the “I need help” cry and how to react to each
- ways to calm your baby
- the Baby’s First Massage routine, which is so simple a child can learn it and gentle enough to use safely on any baby (even pre-term babies, once they are medically stable)
- massage techniques to relieve gas and constipation
"Thank you again for the massage, Lula loves it!
-Bonnie D, Private Baby Massage Client, July 2014.
Enjoy a private in-home baby massage session
Private classes (recommended) in the comfort of your home, $80 for a 60 min. session
Join us for a group baby massage workshop
Group classes are held at MoveStudio in Dallas. Please bring a baby bag, diapers, a firm pillow and blanket.
Mimi once again I can't thank you enough for your positive life changing skills you've brought to my family! For those who don't know, my 2.5 year old, Jude was a highly sensitive and extremely colic-y baby and Mimi's infant massage class saved us! The one time he was relaxed and peaceful in the evenings was for his daily massage at 6pm sharp! It set up such a fabulous routine for us to create the incredible bond that we have today! Shortly after Shiloh was born, I started giving her a nightly massage also and Jude loves to help! It's such a fun sweet special time for us... And as a bonus my sweet babies reap the numerous benefits of massage!!!! Lots of love y'all! Taylor S., January 2014. Posted on our Mommy and Me Yoga Facebook group